- Automatically and accurately determines the best probability distribution for your data set in seconds
- Distribution-selection algorithm is based on 33 years of research and on experimentation with 35,000 data sets.
- Provides an absolute evaluation of the “best” distribution – this is a critical capability!
- Standard mode contains features sufficient for 95 percent of all analyses and focuses the user on those features that are really important.
- Advanced mode contains numerous additional features for the sophisticated user.
- Allows you to switch from one mode to another during an analysis
- Sample sizes up to 100,000
- Gives you access to 40 probability distributions (click here for a list)
- Technically correct chi-square, Kolmogorov-Smirnov, and Anderson-Darling
- Provides more than 30 high-quality plots of your data (click here for examples)
- Allows you to plot any number of distributions on the same graph, making comparisons easy
- Histograms can be interactively updated.
- Generation of random values from any distribution
- Distribution viewer allows you to interactively see characteristics of a distribution without entering data (click here for an illustration).
- Batch-mode capability allows the user to analyze a large number of data sets with only a few keystrokes (see Versions for availability).
- Local area network (LAN) versions
- Module for determining if a data set is a random sample, a requirement for many statistical techniques
- Module for determining whether “similar” data sets are homogeneous and, thus, can be merged
- Comprehensive context-sensitive help for all menus and results screens
- Tutorials on topics such as available probability distributions and goodness-of-fit tests
- User’s Guide with 8 complete examples
|Versions||Monte-Carlo Simulation Products Supported|
|Analyst||Crystal Ball, @Risk|
|Analyst with Batch Mode||Crystal Ball, @Risk|
|University Analyst||Crystal Ball, @Risk|
Each product is a registered trademark of its respective company.
Dr. Averill M. Law, President of Averill M. Law & Associates, is one of the world’s foremost authorities on applying statistical techniques to simulation modeling. He is the author of the textbook Simulation Modeling and Analysis (Fifth Edition), which has more than 172,000 copies in print. This book contains the most comprehensive and practical discussion of fitting probability distributions to data that is available.
He has been a simulation consultant to numerous organizations including Accenture, Boeing, Booz Allen & Hamilton, ConocoPhillips, Defense Modeling and Simulation Office, Hewlett-Packard, ITT, Kimberly-Clark, M&M/Mars, Monsanto, Oak Ridge National Lab, SAIC, Sandia National Labs, 3M, Tropicana, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy and Xerox.
Dr. Law has presented more than 575 short courses on simulation and statistics in 20 countries. He is the author of numerous technical papers on simulation, statistics, operations research, manufacturing, and communications.
Dr. Law has been a tenured faculty member at the University of Wisconsin, Madison and the University of Arizona. He has a Ph.D. in industrial engineering and operations research from the University of California, Berkeley.